So it's Thursday.
Back to school, back to work, back to trying to get myself imersed into things I dont feel like doing.
I was on tour with the calypso band and hence the picture of steel pans. 16 of us were on tour for 4 days, 3 nights in the bay area (around San Francisco). Had to miss school for it, so that is a bit stressful. I didnt study at all for a test im supposed to have today (a make up test) but i haven't heard from the prof.
The tour was fun. As far as shyness goes, it was what I expected. I sat in the front of the van and didn't talk a whole lot, but i talked more than I do in regular rehersals. I felt I got to know the group a bit better and them me, but nothing is still very comfortable, and I doubt it will ever be (unless I change my way of being). Basicly, there seem to be 2 groups of people in the band... those who like to... ahem... "party" and those of us that are a bit mellower. I think i could have fallen into the party group if i wanted to, but a.) i was too stressed out about classes and stuff b.) often when i party, i feel really stupid afterwards c.) Its not so great for my health. So I took the mellow route. I did atiny bit of partying when we went to go see an afro-cuban band play.
The thing that sucks is that once you are into the non-partying group, a stigma seems to be attached.
Hm.. i need to get to work. hehehehehehe.
I hope i graduate this semester. dammit. damn classes.
Back to school, back to work, back to trying to get myself imersed into things I dont feel like doing.
I was on tour with the calypso band and hence the picture of steel pans. 16 of us were on tour for 4 days, 3 nights in the bay area (around San Francisco). Had to miss school for it, so that is a bit stressful. I didnt study at all for a test im supposed to have today (a make up test) but i haven't heard from the prof.
The tour was fun. As far as shyness goes, it was what I expected. I sat in the front of the van and didn't talk a whole lot, but i talked more than I do in regular rehersals. I felt I got to know the group a bit better and them me, but nothing is still very comfortable, and I doubt it will ever be (unless I change my way of being). Basicly, there seem to be 2 groups of people in the band... those who like to... ahem... "party" and those of us that are a bit mellower. I think i could have fallen into the party group if i wanted to, but a.) i was too stressed out about classes and stuff b.) often when i party, i feel really stupid afterwards c.) Its not so great for my health. So I took the mellow route. I did atiny bit of partying when we went to go see an afro-cuban band play.
The thing that sucks is that once you are into the non-partying group, a stigma seems to be attached.
Hm.. i need to get to work. hehehehehehe.
I hope i graduate this semester. dammit. damn classes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home