So looks like they will hire me. Im not really excited tho. They pay less than I charge for tutoring and im going to have less freedom and the whole thing seems a little cheezy. I guess the good thing is that it is regular. I know I will have work. Blah. Im being overly judgemental, I know. Its probably not going to be so bad. the woman who interveiwed me seems to believe in their program. I guess I was hoping for something a little more spectacular (since they are constantly advertising on tv), but it really is a glorified tutoring. I asked one girl who was a teaching there what makes sylvan different than other types of tutoring and she said "we teach to mastery". hm. okay. like other people arent teaching to mastery? I guess they just review stuff over and over again. lots of little practice test like things. ad covering subjects lots of times. repetition. well. i will be optimistic i suppose. looking around the center tho, the more i realize i think i dont want to do teaching. well see.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home