Okay. So I'm probably missing the point and stating the obvious but...
As i read people's blogs and observe people's behavior, there are 2 sentiments that come up (often by the same person, sometimes even by me)..
1.) I suck.
2.) Everybody else sucks.
So I know that a blog is a convient outlet for venting and that sometimes we may say we don't *really* mean these things. But why do we say them then? Most likely they are something we believe, something ingrained deeper withourselves, and it's somewhat disturbing. So...if we do believe them, then who doesn't suck? Is there levels of suckage? Its a rather pessimistic, hopeless view on life.
I find myself doing the suckage thing. I get upset with myself for a particular behavior or quality that I have. So then I vent on my blog. Or sometimes I'm just having a low self-esteem day. I think I sometimes worry that it is a cyclic behavior. That is, I get down, then I induldge in my "downness" by saying something on my blog, and that brings me further down. But should I suppress it either? Should I try to be happy when I'm not feeling it?
So, it's like this fork in the road, which way do I choose and which is healthier? I'm upset or angry. Do I vent and let it spill out? Or do I try do suppress it? Or do I try to do something else and forget about it?
I don't do the everybody else sucks thing quite as much. Sometimes I do in situations like a classroom, where I can better grasp what an "everybody" is. (ie, in the classroom, everybody is just my classmates).
I suppose the best p.o.v. is to get into the "I suck sometimes but so do other people, but none of us suck all the time". That is, we are humans with good and bad traits, and so are all the other humans out there.
As i read people's blogs and observe people's behavior, there are 2 sentiments that come up (often by the same person, sometimes even by me)..
1.) I suck.
2.) Everybody else sucks.
So I know that a blog is a convient outlet for venting and that sometimes we may say we don't *really* mean these things. But why do we say them then? Most likely they are something we believe, something ingrained deeper withourselves, and it's somewhat disturbing. So...if we do believe them, then who doesn't suck? Is there levels of suckage? Its a rather pessimistic, hopeless view on life.
I find myself doing the suckage thing. I get upset with myself for a particular behavior or quality that I have. So then I vent on my blog. Or sometimes I'm just having a low self-esteem day. I think I sometimes worry that it is a cyclic behavior. That is, I get down, then I induldge in my "downness" by saying something on my blog, and that brings me further down. But should I suppress it either? Should I try to be happy when I'm not feeling it?
So, it's like this fork in the road, which way do I choose and which is healthier? I'm upset or angry. Do I vent and let it spill out? Or do I try do suppress it? Or do I try to do something else and forget about it?
I don't do the everybody else sucks thing quite as much. Sometimes I do in situations like a classroom, where I can better grasp what an "everybody" is. (ie, in the classroom, everybody is just my classmates).
I suppose the best p.o.v. is to get into the "I suck sometimes but so do other people, but none of us suck all the time". That is, we are humans with good and bad traits, and so are all the other humans out there.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home