Wednesday, April 30, 2003

So a bit of D-L-igge here (re william's rating system)...

update on the ankle...went and had physical therapy. wacky. The physical therapy room is in the basement of the athletic complex with these crazy white cinder block walls and white cabinets and shabby industrial massage tables. I felt like they were going to do some secret psycological experiments on me before they we going to throw me into the crazy woman's cell. I got to soak my foot in these hot and cold baths that were just as eerie... metal tub things with motors attached to the that made a jacusi-like effect...everything was so clinical...and so..hm..cheap? old? institutional? It was a similar feeling to the ones I had when I visted the public hospitals in Italy. Everything is about funtion and there is not a whole lot going on for mental comfort.

I did a few foot exercises. a couple involve scrunching up a towel in my toes. another involved picking up rocks with my toes and putting them into a jar. the worst part was the final foot bath...10 minutes i had to soak my foot in a freezing cold bath of water.i felt like i was going to faint. im not used to such physical sensations.

so i guess im fascinated with williams rating system. not sure if it fits me and stuff. maybe it does. I'm probably a P. Im looking for connections and depth in my social life (um, internet life) and so i figure the best way to do that is expose myself. tho, i don't get too personal... somethings are gonna be just mine all mine. but like, it would be pretty easy to find me irl and stuff, and im guessing my blog sorta reflects how i generally am...

D-G? I dunno. William has got me as a D. I guess i put in more detail than other shyroomers, but maybe that goes with my P-ness and wanting to expose myself. I dunno. I feel like i can be pretty lacking with detail sometimes tho. LIke I'll make a statement, and comming up with examples to back it is kinda tedious. I guess I sorta feel like I have both qualities. But I guess the idea is which quality do I have more of. dunno. Maybe people out there on the outside have a clearer picture than i do.

L-B. Again, he's got me as an L. I think I flip flop between the two. I go through quasi-brooding stages and then i get annoyed withmyself and want to just be light and carefree. So then i talk about light stuff. Then I feel kinda superfiscial and light and then i go back to more brooding stuff. Also, I had a pretty "L" period there when I was dating qigong, and since he was reading my blog and stuff, I would try to purposely put in pleasant stuff for him, cause i know he liked that sort of thing (is that manipulate?) and I would leave out our arguments and since i figured he wouldnt appriciate that, and besides, it would have just been inconsiderate.

As an aside, I do comment/not comment about people based on what I think they would think of me talking about them... (like, urz has been a close friend of mine for 1.5 years and soon to be rl friend, but im not sure he would appriciate me talking about him here...qigong on the other hand, liked feeling like he was an active part of my life and stuff, so i mentioned him alot more)

Lastly, S vs I. Yeah. Im probably an S. I have I moments, ,but they dont really show up in my blog.

Anyhow, I hope im not typecasted forever in these letters! I can see why meyers-briggs can be annoying for some people. Feeling like they have been typecast. I myself have even felt misplaced. The first time I took the test, I think I didnt get the proper rating..like I was just in "yeah, science and facts rule" mode and i clicked everything that was leaning in that direction. Also, its pretty easy to get confused what traits we actually have vs. what traits we wish we had (or at least in my case i have difficulties distinguishing between the two). Like, I got "J" the first time i took the test, cause i think I felt like those were the qualities i needed to succeed in life, so i tried to pretend like i had them. But looking at myself now and understanding the "axis" better, I'm pretty solidly "P". S vs N is another tricky one...I'm certianly drawn towards N activities, (math, music, art, psycology, analyzing, puzzles, games...) and i prefer talking in the general, but maybe that is just out of laziness. But I also like doing things that involve my senses...cooking and building things or looking at nature or a sunset and being asorbed by thier beauty. Anyhow. I think i probably hover somewhere around the middle on that one.

I is a no brainer for me. I am so I that its annoying. T...Im T but I try to play F, cause I have this thing for the INFP... (I feel like infps have the widest range of emotions of all the types, and live a life more emotionally full and deep than any other type. and i admire their integrity, even if it comes along with an annoying case of stubborness)

okay. end ramblige.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home