Hi. I feel really bad creating bad vibes but according to
http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/landlordbook/sec-deposit.htm
the security deposit maybe be used for:
*For unpaid rent;
[which of course I fully paid]
*For cleaning the rental unit when the tenant moves out, if the unit is
not as clean as when it was rented;
[I thoughly cleaned that apprtment. Ay bathroom washing would surely have
been minimal. The oven I can imagine would have been an hours long job.
Lets say you cleaned for 2 hours. This means you are charging me for $50
an hour!]
*For repair of damages, other than normal wear and tear, caused by the
tenant or the tenants guests; and
[I had no dammages other than normal wear and tear]
*If the lease or rental agreement allows it, for the cost of restoring or
replacing furniture, furnishings, or other items of personal property
(including keys), other than for normal wear and tear.139
[doesnt apply]
The law further goes on to state that:
"Under California law, within 21 days (three weeks) after you move, your
landlord must either:
*Send you a full refund of your security deposit, or
*Mail or personally deliver an itemized statement that lists the amounts
of and reasons for any deductions from your security deposit, along with a
refund of any amounts not deducted."
I recieved your refund well after 21 days.
it goes on to say:
"
What happens if the landlord doesnt deliver or mail a full refund or the
required statement of deductions within 21 days as required by law?
According to a California Supreme Court ruling, the landlord loses the
right to keep any of the security deposit and must return the entire
deposit to you.147 Even so, it may be difficult for you to get your entire
deposit back from the landlord.148 You should contact one of the agencies
listed under Getting Help From a Third Party for advice."
Basicly, The law states I should get my full refund.
That being said, even if you had returned it promply, Im feeling like you
took out $100 based on the amount of the deposit. Because it was so high,
$100 (1/5th) of the deposit seems resoable to you. Unfortunately, it does
not to me.
I DO request a full refund please.
Thank you,
Sonia S*****
P.S. I really do feel bad writing this, but i gotta stuck up for this
kinda thing. Sorry.
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, B****** E. S***** wrote:
> Hi Sonia,
> I just returned last night from my month-long trip to Nevada. I hope you
> received your deposit by now. I think it ended up in a pile of letters that
> weren't mailed until recently. I apologize for the delay. I did a fair
> amount of scrubbing the bathroom and kitchen, especially the stove, oven,
> and sink.
> Let me know if it has not arrived.
>
> Good luck and have a great summer.
>
> Brandon
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sonia S***** [mailto:****@********]
> Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:23 PM
> To: B****** E. S*****
> Subject: deposit
>
>
>
> Hello B****** (and blahblah...)
>
> Just a gentle reminder...
>
> I have not received my deposit yet. I believe it was for $500 minus
> whatever else, though I did thoroughly clean the bathroom, kitchen, and
> living areas. In case you misplaced my address, it is
etc...
> Thank you very much!!!!!!!
>
> I hope all is well with you and your family!
>
> -Sonia
http://www.dca.ca.gov/legal/landlordbook/sec-deposit.htm
the security deposit maybe be used for:
*For unpaid rent;
[which of course I fully paid]
*For cleaning the rental unit when the tenant moves out, if the unit is
not as clean as when it was rented;
[I thoughly cleaned that apprtment. Ay bathroom washing would surely have
been minimal. The oven I can imagine would have been an hours long job.
Lets say you cleaned for 2 hours. This means you are charging me for $50
an hour!]
*For repair of damages, other than normal wear and tear, caused by the
tenant or the tenants guests; and
[I had no dammages other than normal wear and tear]
*If the lease or rental agreement allows it, for the cost of restoring or
replacing furniture, furnishings, or other items of personal property
(including keys), other than for normal wear and tear.139
[doesnt apply]
The law further goes on to state that:
"Under California law, within 21 days (three weeks) after you move, your
landlord must either:
*Send you a full refund of your security deposit, or
*Mail or personally deliver an itemized statement that lists the amounts
of and reasons for any deductions from your security deposit, along with a
refund of any amounts not deducted."
I recieved your refund well after 21 days.
it goes on to say:
"
What happens if the landlord doesnt deliver or mail a full refund or the
required statement of deductions within 21 days as required by law?
According to a California Supreme Court ruling, the landlord loses the
right to keep any of the security deposit and must return the entire
deposit to you.147 Even so, it may be difficult for you to get your entire
deposit back from the landlord.148 You should contact one of the agencies
listed under Getting Help From a Third Party for advice."
Basicly, The law states I should get my full refund.
That being said, even if you had returned it promply, Im feeling like you
took out $100 based on the amount of the deposit. Because it was so high,
$100 (1/5th) of the deposit seems resoable to you. Unfortunately, it does
not to me.
I DO request a full refund please.
Thank you,
Sonia S*****
P.S. I really do feel bad writing this, but i gotta stuck up for this
kinda thing. Sorry.
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, B****** E. S***** wrote:
> Hi Sonia,
> I just returned last night from my month-long trip to Nevada. I hope you
> received your deposit by now. I think it ended up in a pile of letters that
> weren't mailed until recently. I apologize for the delay. I did a fair
> amount of scrubbing the bathroom and kitchen, especially the stove, oven,
> and sink.
> Let me know if it has not arrived.
>
> Good luck and have a great summer.
>
> Brandon
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sonia S***** [mailto:****@********]
> Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:23 PM
> To: B****** E. S*****
> Subject: deposit
>
>
>
> Hello B****** (and blahblah...)
>
> Just a gentle reminder...
>
> I have not received my deposit yet. I believe it was for $500 minus
> whatever else, though I did thoroughly clean the bathroom, kitchen, and
> living areas. In case you misplaced my address, it is
etc...
> Thank you very much!!!!!!!
>
> I hope all is well with you and your family!
>
> -Sonia

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home