My heart is pounding and I feel like puking. I still think hes cleaning costs were unwarrented. the deposut is not supposed to pay for normal wear and tear and he woas goijng to clean that carpet even before he saw the state it was in.:
July 9, 2003
Sonia,
Despite the fact that you believe otherwise, the $100 for cleaning was not
determined arbitrarily. It was apparent that your efforts cleaning the
apartment were minimal. I spent more than four hours cleaning the apartment
in addition to the time spent shampooing the carpet. As is stated in the
lease, the cost of carpet cleaning is deducted from the deposit. That charge
was $40 for equipment rental and supplies. I assure you this is less than the
actual cost. I also thoroughly dusted and vacuumed the significant build-up
of dust and spider webs that accumulated during your tenure, cleaned the oven,
scoured the broiler pan, and cleaned under the stovetop and behind the stove.
I also scoured the tub and two sinks thoroughly and cleaned the windows and
floors.
Hence, a conservative estimate of my time is four hours:
4 hrs @ $15.00 = $60.00
carpet cleaning = $40.00
Total = $100.00
As I stated, your refund was inadvertently delayed in the confusion of my
required travel and I apologized for that. Because of the delay, and only
because of the delay, I will refund the remaining $100. However, you should
understand that a full refund is unwarranted.
Good luck,
B******
July 9, 2003
Sonia,
Despite the fact that you believe otherwise, the $100 for cleaning was not
determined arbitrarily. It was apparent that your efforts cleaning the
apartment were minimal. I spent more than four hours cleaning the apartment
in addition to the time spent shampooing the carpet. As is stated in the
lease, the cost of carpet cleaning is deducted from the deposit. That charge
was $40 for equipment rental and supplies. I assure you this is less than the
actual cost. I also thoroughly dusted and vacuumed the significant build-up
of dust and spider webs that accumulated during your tenure, cleaned the oven,
scoured the broiler pan, and cleaned under the stovetop and behind the stove.
I also scoured the tub and two sinks thoroughly and cleaned the windows and
floors.
Hence, a conservative estimate of my time is four hours:
4 hrs @ $15.00 = $60.00
carpet cleaning = $40.00
Total = $100.00
As I stated, your refund was inadvertently delayed in the confusion of my
required travel and I apologized for that. Because of the delay, and only
because of the delay, I will refund the remaining $100. However, you should
understand that a full refund is unwarranted.
Good luck,
B******

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home