I'm working on guidelines for myself to become happier and to hopefully be more mature, and be a person who lives life in accordance with my own personal values (i.e. being a good human being). These are working guidelines so they will hopefully be modified unless I get lazy...
1. Be aware when I am overreacting.
2. Be aware that others are [also] far from perfect.
3. Pay more attention to other people (as opposed to being so self conscious) and get out of my head once in awhile
4. Treat other people as I would like to be treated.
5. Crush negative assumptions that I may perceive others are thinking about me. Even if they are occasionally true, its a waste of time and consumes *way* too much of my energy.
6. Be thankful and appreciative to the people in my life that care about me and like in a way that I feel comfortable with.
7. occationally reach out.
8. Ask for help when needed from someone who will help you.
9. Revise personal expectations. Differentiate between what I can realistically expect of myself vs. what I think other people expect of me.
10. Forgive myself.
11. Every little bit helps. It takes individual steps to traverse 1000 miles. Don't be afraid to begin. Or continue. Or finish.
12. Don't indulge in negative thinking.
13. My positive moods and feelings are created by positive thought patterns.
1. Be aware when I am overreacting.
2. Be aware that others are [also] far from perfect.
3. Pay more attention to other people (as opposed to being so self conscious) and get out of my head once in awhile
4. Treat other people as I would like to be treated.
5. Crush negative assumptions that I may perceive others are thinking about me. Even if they are occasionally true, its a waste of time and consumes *way* too much of my energy.
6. Be thankful and appreciative to the people in my life that care about me and like in a way that I feel comfortable with.
7. occationally reach out.
8. Ask for help when needed from someone who will help you.
9. Revise personal expectations. Differentiate between what I can realistically expect of myself vs. what I think other people expect of me.
10. Forgive myself.
11. Every little bit helps. It takes individual steps to traverse 1000 miles. Don't be afraid to begin. Or continue. Or finish.
12. Don't indulge in negative thinking.
13. My positive moods and feelings are created by positive thought patterns.

1 Comments:
a bit too nice
Post a Comment
<< Home